top of page
  • Lani Hansen

Education assistance deadline is Sept. 1

TAHLEQUAH – Education funding assistance is available to exclusive United Keetoowah Band of Cherokee Indians students until September 1.

“Full-time college students will get $500 and part-time students can get $250 per semester. Vocational students in long term programs can get $500 and students in short term programs can get $1,000,” said Della Wolfe, education intake specialist. “Short term vocational students get the $1,000 per year instead of semester, but they get more at once because they can’t get other funding like Pell Grants for short term classes.”

The application requirements vary depending on the program a student is enrolled, though all applicants will be required to submit a W-9 with their paperwork.

Students attending college will need to bring copies of their UKB identification, social security and Certificate of Degree of Indian Blood cards.

Several documents will also be required including an official transcript, class schedule, financial aid award letter and a Free Application for Federal Student Aid confirmation.

Sophomore students and above will also need to provide a Degree Audit Report.

UKB students attending vocational programs will need the same identification card copies, plus a valid enrollment letter, class schedule and an invoice for required school items and testing fees.

Wolfe said she will process applications and issue checks beginning mid-August on a first come, first serve basis.

“Vocational assistance funds are sent directly to the institution, but for college students, we send it to the students and they’re supposed to be responsible for those funds,” said Wolfe.

Visit for an application or call 918-871-2796 for more information.



bottom of page